, ,

Review: Shyun

7:48 pm

Shyun is tucked away in Carnegie, busy every day and night this little Japanese eatery is popular among many. I have revisited Shyun many times, and when I feel like some chirashi this is where I usually head to.




Ordering is done via an ipad at each table. Easily scrolling through the various menu items including fresh sashimi and sushi, bentos and noodle dishes sometimes it's hard to make a decision. However, I am a lover of sashimi, so I don't stray very far in my choice each time I dine at Shyun. The dish of choice - Chirashi.



Chirashi sushi essentially is a bowl of sushi rice topped with a variety of sashimi and garnishes ($18.50). Usually with salmon, tuna, eel, prawn, tamago (egg), squid, and kingfish. With the option to add extra rice for $0.50, if I'm feeling extra hungry it's good for filling you up.

Mr Curious is a man of variety, he chose the tuna on sushi rice. Diced tuna seasoned with wasabi and soy, it came reasonably seasoned. However, my mum has ordered it previously and it was too salty, so tread with caution.


Shyun is a place where families go to eat, bustling with plenty of people no matter the time of day. It serves a variety of Japanese food so there's something for everyone. Also, those who are on gluten free diets, there is a selection of gluten free options available, including chirashi which comes served with gluten free soy.

Shyun
126 Koornang Rd,
Carnegie VIC 3163
Shyun on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments