, , ,

Adelaide Day 1

11:24 pm

So I headed off to Adelaide for a radiography conference as there was a student presentation day, and for $50 for the day it wasn't too hard hitting on the pocket! The accommodation was $15.20 per night at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and it was pretty decent with linen, a lounge room and kitchen available. The conference didn't start until Friday 14th, but I had Thursday off so I went early to explore.

I took a 9:30am flight by Jetstar from Melbourne Airport, the only thing was I woke up at 6:30am to take the train then a SkyBus to get there!

View from the plane of Western Victoria/Eastern South Australia

When I was about to board the plane to Adelaide, I saw one of my friends' from CSU on the same plane! When we landed in Adelaide I had lunch with her and some of her friends from CSU. Then I headed out for a bit of op-shopping round the city, was told by a few people that it was good. However, I must have gone to the wrong places cause they were so expensive! Like $45 for a vintage dress of unknown brand.. ):

On the streets of Adelaide City


At the end of Rundle Mall - Near Haigh's Chocolate Store

In the evening I headed out with the CSU guys for dinner, we headed to The Stag on Rundle St, not too far from the hospital. The menu had 1.5kg black angus steaks for $85! I chose a steak burger with chips for $19, it was a pretty good burger actually, the tomato relish inside was a nice compliment to the juicy sandwich steak. The chips were really good as well! :D

Steak burger from The Stag

Wandering around the city, there were lots of sculptures on Rundle Mall, this marble thing was one of them.

Sculpture on Rundle Mall

This building is actually above the 24 hour Hungry Jacks on Rundle Mall, it changes colours and we even saw a man dancing on it! (didn't mange to get a photo though ):)

Powered by solar electricity - Rundle Mall

It was actually raining in Melbourne when I left, and on the plane there was blue sky. Once we landed in Adelaide it started to rain ): it eventually cleared up to a nice day though. Some other snaps whilst I was wandering round such a pretty city!

Along North Terrace 

Myer Rundle Mall/ North Terrace

Shrine?

State Library of South Australia

Pretty buildings

One of the University of South Australia buildings, so pretty!

All I could say whilst I was wondering round, was "Adelaide is so pretty! The buildings are so nice!". Must have seemed like the biggest tourist ever!

University of South Australia building

Another University of South Australia building

Supposedly, Adelaide is the City of Churches. There are plenty of churches in Adelaide city and a lot of them are very grand!

Church?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Anonymous3:35 pm


    I really appreciate for your brilliant Efforts on spending time to post this information in a simple and systematic manner, so That students can easily Understand the concept, must appreciate your efforts to posting this information for the students who are searching for student accommodation Adelaide is that they can provide you with options that fit within your pocket size.
    Good luck in your endeavors!
    Student Accommodation Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like for your efforts on spending time to post this information, so that students can easily understand the concept, must appreciate your efforts to posting this information for the students who are searching for student accommodation in Adelaide is that they can provide you with options that fit within your pocket size and amenities.
    Cheap Off Campus Student Accommodation in Adelaide

    ReplyDelete