, ,

Review: Operator25

2:22 pm

Operator25 is another cafe tucked away off in Melbourne's lanes, just off A'Beckett St. Their menu is filled with a good selection of breakfast/brunch and lunch options, with a decent selection of coffee and bottled juices. 


Mr Curious ordered a soy chai latte, it was creamy and not too overpowering with any particular chai flavour. 



After trying their burgers earlier in the year, only to feel slightly disappointed with the fusion flavours, Mr Curious and I came back to try what I intended -  Vanilla Custard Sago, Rubarb Compote, Raspberry Foam, Rose Meringue and Vanilla Ice Cream. The item is on the breakfast side of the menu, but could definitely pass off as dessert. The vanilla custard sago was my favourite part of the layered dish, with the raspberry foam on top balancing the flavours. I found the rhubarb compote very sour and overpowering in comparison to the sweet sago and raspberry, no matter what combination I had it with, it just didn't balance right in my mouth. 



The vanilla ice cream was creamy with vanilla flecks throughout, and the rose meringue that balanced on top added a wonderful textural component. The ice cream sat on top of what reminded me of "milk crumbs" a David Chang-Christina Tosi invention that we tried at Momofuku, whether it is or not I am not sure. Or I could just be over analysing it, and it could be shortbread (LOL).




All in all, Operator25 has a wonderful selection of dishes to try, with a reasonable coffee offering using beans from Code Black Coffee Roasters. There are selection of breakfast dishes that I will be back to try again. 

Operator25
25 Wills St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Operator25 on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

0 comments